Are the summer festivities beginning to catch up with you? These times of celebration tend to go hand in hand with staying up later, choosing the french fries over the salad and having a little more alcohol than you normally would. Your body can recover quickly from short little bursts of splurges but after time it might need a little R&R.
What does the liver do?
- Detoxification of alcohol, medications, chemicals and the by-products of food we consume.
- Maintains blood sugar levels
- Makes bile for fat metabolism
- Hormone regulation
- Blood clotting
- Regulates amino acids for protein synthesis
What are some signs of toxicity?
- Weakened immune system
- Sensitivity to perfumes and cleaning products
- Hair loss
- Poor memory
How to help the liver?
- Brief detoxification and avoidance of irritating foods, drinks and chemicals
- Increasing lymphatic drainage through exercise, chiropractic and massage
- Discussing alternatives to certain medications with your doctor to protect liver health
For more information ways to increase your liver health, contact schedule a visit at HEAL Natural Medicine. Ask the front desk about our $50 off coupon for the Natural Detox Package!