Intravenous (I.V.) therapy is a method of providing vitamins, minerals and other natural therapeutic substances directly into the bloodstream. This form of delivery bypasses the digestive tract, where many nutrients may be partially or fully lost due to poor absorption.
The Advantages of I.V. Therapy
IV therapy allows us to reach therapeutic levels of vitamins and minerals to treat specific health conditions with fewer side effects. High oral doses of vitamins and minerals such as B-vitamins, Vitamin C and Magnesium may cause stomach upset or intestinal discomfort. I.V. therapy allows us to reach optimal levels of these nutrients without these uncomfortable side effects.
IV nutrient therapy may be helpful for:
- Allergies and Asthma
- Athletic performance enhancement
- Anxiety and Depression
- Cold and Flu
- Eye health (Cataracts, Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma)
- Gastrointestinal problems (IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis)
- Liver disease
- Neuropathic pain
- Post-surgery recovery
- Sobriety support
- Smoking cessation
What to expect during an I.V. treatment
- IV therapy treatments last anywhere from 30 minutes to 2+ hours, depending on the amount of fluid and nutrients that are being given.
- You will be relaxing comfortably during your treatment. Bring healthy high protein snacks and entertainment for your treatment.
What do I need in order to receive IV therapy?
- IV therapy initial examination with Dr. Bridget
- Laboratory testing to ensure proper liver and kidney function and overall health. Lab testing must be completed within 1-2 weeks of receiving an I.V.